Career with BRAC International
With over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 138 million people, BRAC is the world’s largest non-governmental organisation.
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of tools including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalysing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Manager, Proposal Development & Fund Raising
The purpose of this role is to search for new funding opportunities, develop partnership with other organisations, writing concept notes and proposals and maintaining donor liaison to secure funding for existing and new projects and programmes for country.
- Searching for new funding opportunity through donor website, meetings, BRAC International affiliates, donor engagement meetings.
- Review the potential funding opportunities and check alignment with country strategy, organisational policies, programme priorities and country capacity etc.
- Gather information on country situation and become familiar with the requirements and guidelines of various donors.
- Looking/establishing possible partnership and consortium with different organisations, agencies.
- Write concept notes/proposals for different programmes in consultation with programme teams and BRAC International Head Office.
- Support budget preparation for concepts note and proposals.
- Maintain database of funding situation, donor feedback and refusals; and share with BI HO and affiliates.
- Analyze the failed projects proposals, documentation and share with relevant authority for future improvement.
- Establish an archive of past and current proposals for future reference.
- Attend donor liaison meeting, donor visits and answer funding related queries.
- English as first language (will be preferred)
- Very good oral & written communication skills in English (if English is not first Language)
- Good expertise in social communication media
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Strong business understanding and self-learning capacity
- Ready to work under pressure and stress
- Must be deadline oriented and committed to assignment
- Must be able to work with other functional teams
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organisation skills
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
- Very good understanding about West African context
- Willing to travel both within and outside Country
- Minimum Graduate in English, International Relation, Development Studies, International Development or relevant discipline from any reputed global University/Institute with minimum 2nd division or class or equivalent CGPA in all academic records.
- Candidates having MBA or relevant master degree will be given preference.
At least 5 years of experience in the relevant field of fund raising, proposal development and donor liaison.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: BRAC International Country Offices- Monrovia, Liberia
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to apply online through careers.brac.net or email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 43/16 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 22, 2017
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer