National Communications Consultant
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
No. of Vacancies
- In line with FAO's Corporate Communications Strategy and Policy, the consultant will carry out the following specific tasks:
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement a Communication Strategy and related work plans in support of the Country Programming Framework (CPF), ensuring alignment with FAO regional and global priorities;
- Design and implement a Communication Strategy to highlight the 40th Anniversary of FAO's work in Bangladesh (1977/78 - 2017/18);
- Work with FAO Bangladesh project/sector teams to ensure a common approach in the coverage of different areas of focus, advise and provide support with sector specific communication needs;
- In developing the sector specific needs, ensure common and coherent messaging to improve FAO Bangladesh communication efforts;
- Support all communication activities, strengthen FAO media relations and heighten public visibility; including, inter alia, media coverage of the World Food Day (and similar events);
- Explore and organize training and capacity building activities for FAO Bangladesh staff in media relations, social media and strategic communication; and encourage utilization of social media channels for effective messaging; and ensure sustainability of communications initiatives;
- Manage the FAO Bangladesh website; draft project fact sheets, op ed articles, guest columns and social media messages; and monitor media coverage of FAO Bangladesh activities;
- Prepare talking points and ensure photo/video coverage of key events throughout the country; draft press releases and disseminate news through press contacts;
- Arrange interviews and/or press conferences and support FAOR in identifying relevant experts to answer media queries and participate in interviews;
- Develop feature stories for TV, print, radio and web-based dissemination and improve FAO Bangladesh database of media contacts;
- Select and propose quality photos and videos for inclusion in the FAO corporate photo database; and liaise with the FAO Regional Office and HQ on the coverage of global events;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the FAO Representative;
- KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Expected Outputs:
- Communication strategy, including work plans for Country Programme Framework is developed and implemented;
- Communication strategy and work plans for FAO Bangladesh projects developed and supported;
- Communication strategy for 40th anniversary of FAO in Bangladesh developed and implemented;
- FAO/Bangladesh website revitalized with regular and dynamic maintenance;
- Capacity development needs of FAO Bangladesh team identified and addressed;
- Regular participation in UN communication working group (or similar groups);
- Increased visibility of key FAO Bangladesh events in domestic, regional and global media;
- Periodic reports on media activities by FAO Bangladesh personnel prepared and submitted to the FAO Representative for further dissemination through corporate channels.
- Duty Station: Dhaka
- Duration: 8 months
- Duration: 31 December 2017 (with possible extension)
- University degree in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations or related discipline;
to 7 year(s)
- A minimum of seven years of experience in media relations and communications in the Bangladesh office of an international organization, non-governmental organization or industry or, alternatively, media in Bangladesh is required;
- An excellent command of English is essential as are proven writing, reporting and communication design skills and the ability to operate under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environments; and to proactively forge good relations and networks
- Note: These competencies will be assessed in the recruitment process. A passion for all who are involved in food and agriculture, forests and natural resources, fisheries and aquaculture and/or livestock and poultry is desired but not required.
All applicants will send their PPF to the following address: FAOBD-Vacancies@fao.org only by close of business on 30 April 2017. PPF is available to this link: http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/
Instruction on PPF Registration: Please click on "Enter iRecruitment". For new users, please register as a "First time visitor" or for registered users, please Log-In by using your credentials.
Subject must refer "National Communications Consultant"
Application not submitted through the filled PPF will be discarded. Please do not submit any certificates/documents with your application.
Candidates not possessing the essential qualifications should not apply as their application will not be considered.
Any persuasion will disqualify the candidate; only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview.
All recruitment to FAO posts are made on a competitive and transparent basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply directly to FAO and follow the instructions on the above mentioned website. Please note that no intermediary is allowed to expedite or facilitate such process. All those who represent themselves as such are fraudulent and should be reported to FAO immediately.
Applications from qualified women are strongly encouraged
Application Deadline : Apr 30, 2017
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : May 30, 2017
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United NationsBusiness : UN Organization