Assistant Director of Programs
Heifer International Bangladesh
No. of Vacancies
- Bachelor's Degree in Rural Development, Project Planning and Management, Agriculture, Agribusiness and Animal Science or other relevant qualification.
to 7 year(s)
- Seven (7) years of relevant experience in Program management, extension and community development work.
- Preferred Requirements:
- Master's Degree in relevant professional discipline.
- Five (5) years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Thorough understanding of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level.
- Solid skill, knowledge and foundation in proposal development and of the project management cycle.
- Sound understanding of value chain development on various agricultural commodities and the livestock sector.
- Sound understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of the root causes of poverty in Bangladesh.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning processes.
- Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Good understanding of annual work planning and budgeting and budget monitoring.
- A good understanding of monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Solid project management and reporting skills.
- Sound project and proposal development skills.
- A good understanding and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger and environment, and knowledge of the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Solid knowledge and experience in extension methodologies.
- Experience in Agribusiness development, especially developing livestock value chains, market facilitation approaches and development of farmer business institutions.
- Knowledge and experience in training and participatory training methodologies.
- Team leadership skills, with good abilities of addressing conflicts amongst diverse teams and constituents.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and French, both oral and written.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : May 30, 2017