Lobby and Advocacy (L&A) Expert
No. of Vacancies
- Responsibility # 1: Coordinate with implementing partners to design, guidance and implantation.
- Provide technical support to implementing partners, consortium members, CSOs for the qualitative support for the target people, forum.
- Assist HOP and PM to develop detailed implementing plan (DIP) and budget to achieve the goal on L&A issues.
- Assist to develop contract/MoU with CEA implementing partners and CSOs.
- Play the supportive role to design and redesign of the CEA project L&A activities based on ICCO global office and donors' requirements.
- Provide technical guidance to the CEA partner's staff for timely delivery the project activities.
- Responsibility # 2: Contract, Coordination, Networking and Documentation
- Coordinate with CSOs/ CBOs/ SHG / SPAs to deliver capacity-development trainings and workshops, particularly on cross-sectoral networking and partnership-building for enhanced advocacy and lobby interventions.
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with government, donors, civil society organizations; communication counterparts.
- Liaise with CSOs/ CBOs/ SHG / SPAs and Bangladesh Government stakeholders to continuously establish and expand avenues for collaboration on key L&A issues
- Establish strong working relationships with all CEA consortium members and implementing partners.
- Attend the meeting and contribute in different forum like food clusters, market development forum, etc.
- Responsibility # 3: Conduct capacity development Initiatives for the partner organizations and CSOs.
- Asses the training needs of the partners staff as per project's needs.
- Provide proactive support related to capacity development on L&A activities;
- Assist to develop training materials and arrange ToT and basic training for project staff.
- Ensure data quality by using both quantitative and qualitative tools and techniques.
- Assist to document evidence and capture practical experience from field.
- Provide on the job training, coaching and mentoring support for partner organization's staff.
- Capacity building of CSOs/ CBOs/ SHGs/ SPAs/ POs for lobby and advocacy - CEA /SPCC program of ICCO.
- Responsibility # 4: Strengthen the field operations.
- Lead to implement the Capacity building, Research and Knowledge, Lobby and Advocacy related activities of the project.
- Formulate and implement advocacy strategies with support of senior management and partner organizations.
- Facilitate/organize advocacy events at local, regional and national level.
- Engage Government-private sectors and CSO's actors including media personnel to cover stories.
- Prepare periodic progress report on CEA ( L&A ) projects initiatives.
- Organize different round table discussion, seminars, workshops and special lectures by the support of implementing partners.
- Responsibility # 5: Desk Review, Monitoring and Reporting
- Regularly maintain lobby log book and capture the outcome of the project.
- Desk review of the partner's activity and prepare the reports and share with HOP / Project Manager.
- Assist PM to conduct and coordinate regular monitoring covering operational issues (finance and compliance), capacity strengthening and overall partnership at field level.
- Ensure effective documentation and dissemination the output and outcome of the project
- Monitor field activity and share the findings to the sn. Management.
- Prepare the qualitative and quantitative report regularly.
- Responsibility # 6: Contribute to develop new project and concept note for fundraising
- Assist in review the call for proposal and find out the key L&A elements for the call.
- Participate and contribute to the development of concepts and proposals for fund raising on L&A interventions
- Documents of ICCO's strengthen and assist to present different local to national forum, INGOs and donors.
- Master's degree, preferably Development Studies, International Relations, Economics, Journalism, English or related fields.
At least 5 year(s)
- At least 5 years' experience in lobby and advocacy program, preferably skill development initiatives
- Proven ability to develop and implement lobby and advocacy plan specifically for skill development.
- Experience in research, capacity building, advocacy and community mobilization.
- Experience in supporting to Civil Society Organizations to improve coordination and lobby with national/local governments power structure.
- Ability to manage multi-stakeholders for lobby and advocacy initiatives for land rights, nutrition, skill development, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and experienced in managing lobby and advocacy teams.
- Skill in organizing and conduct training, national level workshop, roundtable discussion, etc. through presentation, interpersonal relationship and negotiation skill.
- Knowledge on concept note development for fundraising will be added value for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skill, strong value based commitment to right based approach.
- Good computer skills in MS Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bangla, including ability to present coherent and convincing messages to different audiences.
Competitive salary package depending on education and experience.
Online job posting
CV and cover letter to email@example.com .
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Feb 25, 2018
Address : Road 30, House 16 (3rd floor) Gulshan 1, Dhaka 1212
Web : www.icco-international.com