Teacher of English as a Foreign Language
The British Council
No. of Vacancies
- Role Purpose
- To facilitate the effective learning of English both inside and outside the classroom, in order to enable learners to use English more effectively, and to increase their understanding of contemporary UK culture.
- Main Accountabilities:
- Support the British Council's global English strategy by:
- delivering teaching to the highest standards of ELT
- enhancing the British Council's reputation as a world authority in ELT
- continuing professional development and sharing of best practices
- Main Responsibilities:
- Ensuring teaching meets learner needs and expectations
- Ensuring teaching meets Teaching Quality Standards and organisational expectations
- Maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Supporting the teaching centre's activities and British Council plans
- Undergraduate/university degree
- A high level of English language teaching expertise
- Post-certificate i.e. CELTA/Trinity Cert. TESOL experience, preferably two years of experience or more
- Experience in teaching English to adult learners (preferably 800+ hours)
- Experience in teaching English to young learners (preferably 800+ hours)
- Cambridge CELTA/Trinity Cert. TESOL
- High proficiency in English i.e. full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band 8+ in each of 4 sections of the academic module
- For hourly-paid teachers and part-time teachers (teaching above 12 hours a week), the hourly rate is from BDT 1,050 to 1,470 depending on qualifications and experience - and the type of teaching work
- Performance-related bonus (non-consolidated)
- Professional development opportunities, with attendance remunerated at the admin rate
- Experience of working in an international organisation includes good work life balance and flexible working hours
Online job posting
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and called for interview. We will only shortlist applications submitted on a British Council application form submitted electronically through jobs portal. Any hard copies of the application and incomplete application in the portal will not be accepted.
To apply, please click on the following link that will take you to the Jobs portal of British Council
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Feb 15, 2018
The British Council
Business : The British Council is the UK`s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with - changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.