Finance and Administration Officer
No. of Vacancies
- Financial management
- Maintain a computerised accounting system in line with agreed procedures (Tally based system)
- Reconcile bank statements, and provide monthly financial reports to UK office
- Ensure agreed reporting dates are maintained and financial policies adhered to
- Ensue expenses are authorised and processed in accordance with agreed procedures
- Monitor project and organisational spending to ensure it is agreed budgets.
- Petty cash maintenance
- Manage the payroll ensuring all statutory payments are made.
- Prepare fund requests and expenditure reports
- Prepare and maintain books of accounts, annual budget, financial reports in line with donor and in-country compliance
- Conduct field visits to monitor partner's financial transactions and reports
- Conduct and maintain records of all financial transactions
- Ensure bill-voucher preservation and on time payment of the relevant services
- Act as focal person for NGO-Affairs Bureau communicating activities including report submission, audit conduction and fund clearance
- HR Tasks
- With the Country Programme Manager coordinate induction plans for new staff to ensure they are aware of HR policies and best practices relating to their employment.
- Ensure that all staff contracts are up-to-date.
- Maintain up-to-date HR files, including leave and sick records.
- Office administration
- Develop and maintain effective office systems, ensuring these are consistent with Saferworld's operating requirements.
- Provide administrative support to members of staff as required
- Deal with general communications - telephone and mail.
- Develop a filing system in the country office and be responsible of its maintenance.
- Assist with the preparation of official correspondence
- Maintain and update the contacts data base
- Perform other administrative and organisational tasks assigned by the Country Programme Manager and UK office
- Maintain vendor list useful for the office purchase, services and maintenance
- Provide logistical support for visitors and Saferworld staff visiting Bangladesh
- Ensure Saferworld's security policy is implemented working with the Country Programme
- Manager and the Director of HR/Operations where necessary.
- Update the security briefing and ensure all staff and visitors are informed of any security issues.
- A first degree in commerce, business administration, business studies or management with specialisation in finance or accounting.
- Graduate or part-qualified member of a recognised accounting body e.g. ACCA or CPA
At least 3 year(s)
- At least 3 years' experience of working in finance, administration and/or procurement in a relevant field in NGOs or INGOs
- Experience of using accounting software especially
- Sound knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
- Ability to communicate well, including written and verbal English.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office, (Outlook, Access and Excel).
- Ability to type in Bengali for office correspondence and project related communications
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Good planning and organisational skills and efficient work methods
- Ability to monitor partner's fund management and provide support to develop their systems
Tk. 74625 - 105532
Online job posting
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Feb 19, 2018