General Manager, Design at BRAC-Aarong
No. of Vacancies
- Develop and establish creative strategy, budgets and schedules for the design department.
- Plan for design, developing design concepts on a seasonal/ events basis and execution of design planning through coordinating with different stakeholders.
- Translate local and global youth trends into physical collections that are readily marketable to the Bangladesh customer as brand standard.
- Develop the process which includes market research, mood board creation, developing design theme, sketching and scheduling implementation and fitting with the yearly projection.
- Ensure trend research, sketching, fabric selection, and interfacing for the right products.
- Manage design processes to ensure timely delivery of designs as per production planning.
- Ensure coordination with members of multiple departments of the organization and Ayesha Abed Foundation.
- Responsible for managing staff and accountable for process improvement, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect Aarong design process.
- Responsible for visualizing and determining strategic direction for in-time design and production in conjunction with supply chain departments and production management units/parties.
- Coordinate photo shoot for different seasons and campaigns aligned with marketing and branding plan to enhance brand image.
- Generate scope of work for the stakeholders as per the organizational vision and mission.
- Masters / Bachelors' in Fashion Design or a closely related subject from any recognized university.
At least 15 year(s)
- Knowledge on current design trends, product development, Color sense, texture and pattern concept.
- Must have knowledge on market research and analysis.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical, problem solving, decision making and presentation skills.
- Highly competitive compensation package
Online Job Posting
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please send your CV along with a letter of interest outlining your vision for the role to Human Resource Division, Aarong, Aarong Centre, 346, Tejgaon (I/A), Dhaka-1208 or apply electronically to email@example.com writing 'Application for General Manager, Design at BRAC-Aarong' at the subject line. Envelope should be marked at the top for the position applied. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Mar 15, 2018
Address : Aarong Centre, 346, Tejgaon (I/A), Dhaka-1208
Web : www.aarong.com
Business : Aarong is one of the largest social enterprises of BRAC established in 1978 as retail chain that is making a significant contribution to the local economy through the creation of market linkage, entrepreneurs and employment opportunities. Aarong offers a fair price to the rural suppliers and artisans while introducing the products to urban markets where both demand and consumers` willingness to pay the highest. Today, Aarong has transformed into a high surplus generating enterprise, operating as one of the largest lifestyle retailers in Bangladesh.